Step One: Complete Application for New Members
All of our new practice members at Back In Action Chiropractic are asked to fill out the new practice member health application as completely as possible. This will allow us to understand more in depth about your current concerns as well as any past injuries or traumas that may have led to current health conditions.
Step Two: Consultation
Following the completion of your paperwork, we will conduct a one-on-one consultation with you, where we will discuss your health concerns and goals as well as your past injuries and health history so that we can provide the highest quality of care possible.
Step Three: The Specific Scientific Chiropractic Adjustment
A comprehensive chiropractic evaluation and neurological diagnostic testing will be performed to further determine the exact cause of your health problems. Using our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to locate the root cause of any dysfunction or disease within your body.
You may be asked to:
- Bend forward, sideways, or backwards - Misaligned spinal vertebrae can be revealed during this exercise
- Perform specific orthopedic tests to determine the exact components involved in your health problems.
- Muscle Testing - Muscle tone and strength is vital for determining signs of muscle or nerve damage.
- Gait Analysis - Evaluating your gait helps to determine if you have a normal walking pattern. Abnormalities in the balance and alignment within your pelvis and spine can be seen during this assessment.
- Postural Evaluation - Posture abnormalities will reveal whether or not you have misalignments in your spinal column.
These exercises will provide vital information regarding your motor skills, balance, and gait, leading the doctor to a better understanding of your current state of health. These tests also help determine your range of motion, muscle tone and strength, and overall integrity of your nervous system.
At the end of the examination, a short physical assessment will be performed utilizing motion and static palpation to explore the alignment of your spine and provide information on any stimulithat may cause pain or discomfort.
Step Four: Diagnostic Imaging
We will then take all necessary Chiropractic postural X-rays. This will allow us to see the exact structure of your spine, and determine the type of specific adjustment to be utilized in your unique case.
Step Five: Report of Findings
A report of findings will be conducted at which time the cause of your current condition will be discussed. After reviewing your case, the doctor will decide if you are a candidate for chiropractic care and a thorough explanation of care recommendations and action steps will be discussed, including finances and how we can help you reach your health goals.
Step Six: First Specific Adjustment
Initiate care and get started on your path to achieving your greatest health potential!